Exclusive New Product and Process Development Course
The Michigan Manufacturing Technology Center (MMTC), the National Center for Manufacturing Sciences (NCMS) and Dassault Systemes have collaborated on an innovative course on New Product and Process Development exclusively for InnoState companies.
Lean methodologies are not just for the production floor- they can benefit the entire organization including new product development. The application of lean methodologies to a new product development process can result in significant improvements in the design, prototype, pilot and initial production runs of the product.
This course is a 10-Day Phased Workshop addressing Concept Feasibility through Post Launch. Using SolidWorks, a Dassault Systemes software, the course focuses on techniques for improving product and process design. It is anticipated that the course would run over several weeks in the Fall 2015.
This course is normally priced at $9,900 however, InnoState Companies will receive 60% off for up to THREE employees for a total of $3960.*
This course will be most beneficial with the right combination of employees working together, the following is recommended for the highest success rate:
Two of the following:
- Chief Operating Officer – Highest level in the company that is responsible for Operations (president, vp operations, plant manager)
- Chief Technology Officer – Highest level in the company that is responsible for Product/Process design and implementation (vp engineering, manager engineering)
One of the following:
- Design engineer during Concept/Product design and Solidworks introduction
- Production manager during Process design
- Project/Product manager during kick-off or wrap-up
Location: NCMS Grid Cell in Ann Arbor
At the conclusion of the Workshop, participants should be able to do the following:
- Establish Customer Requirements and Manufacturing Objectives using the Voice of the Customer (VOC).
- Apply Design for Manufacture and Assembly (DFMA) concepts to detailed Product Designs.
- Understand Product Design and Analysis capabilities of 3D Modeling Software, and the value of 3D Printing for rapid prototyping.
- Prepare for Production including Equipment Planning, Production Process Design and Layout, Trial Evaluation, and Process Simulation.
- Develop Launch and Post-Launch Managing Systems.
*$3960 includes course for three employees, laptop and software usage for course duration